Ontario Provincial Nominee Program 2019
Ontario is one of the most populous provinces in Canada. Approximately 40 per cent of the country’s population resides in this state making it a prime destination not just for immigration but for travel as well. The burgeoning economy of the province has historically attracted scores of potential candidates over the previous decades. Now, with the establishment of the Ontario Provincial Nominee Program, it has become easier than ever to move to this province.
Operating in alignment with the national Canada Express Entry program, the Ontario Provincial Nominee Program 2018 has garnered popularity amongst immigration hopefuls for its multiple entry pathways, swift screening process and relaxed eligibility criterions. The OINP is designed to target skilled workers and thus gives priority to professionals and individuals with proven skills as well as work experience who can immediately become a positively contributing force within the local economy and thereby the national economy as well.
The OINP also offers international students wanting to settle in Ontario the opportunity to do so provided they can provide evidence for having studied in a recognized institution in Canada. In addition, entrepreneurs and corporate workers are allotted a distinct stream to facilitate ease of passage.
Ontario PNP Latest Rules 2019
In order to qualify for the OINP, a candidate must fulfil certain requirements as defined by the Ontario Immigration Authorities. The following list will tell you how to apply for Ontario Immigration and what are the rules pertaining to the immigration process:
- The first step is to create a validated Express Entry profile
- The Candidate must then prove that they are worthy of being considered under one of the two categories – Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) or the Canadian Experience Class (CEC) and also score above 400 points in the CRS system.
- The candidate must then express interest in moving to Ontario by selecting the state in the location preferences segment.
- Selected candidates will receive a Notification of Interest from Ontario to their Express Entry profile.
General Eligibility Requirements for OINP 2019
Despite the fact that the various streams of OINP have their own criteria and requirements, most of them have a general pattern shared across the respective streams. This means that you can qualify for multiple streams with minor changes in your application and thus expand your prospects of being selected for immigration nomination considerably. Here is the general list of requirements for eligibility into OINP
Have a permanent, full-time job offer in a skilled occupation (NOC levels 0, A, or B) from the employer who is also submitting an application.
- Have minimum qualification certificate/diploma making them eligible.
- Having a minimum language proficiency score in IELTS (6/7) or CLB (7)
- Have experience in their occupational field as per program requirements
- Having job offer letter from the employer for full-time or permanent employment.
- Intention to live in Ontario.
- Express Entry score – All applicants must have a Canada Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System score of 400 points or greater, and this score must remain throughout provincial and federal processing (only for those who are willing to apply under Ontario Express Entry System).
OINP Express Entry Streams 2019
The following is the list of streams available for immigration to Ontario. It is important to know which stream best suits our application and how you can make the most of the immigration opportunities given by the OINP authorities. This becomes even more pertinent in light of the fact that only a limited number of applications on the whole are selected each year.
♦ Ontario Express Entry
- Ontario Express Entry: Human Capital Priorities Stream
- Ontario Express Entry: French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream
General Category (Employer Category)
- Foreign Workers with a Job Offer Stream
International Student Category
- International Students with a Job Offer Stream
- International Students – Masters Graduate Stream
- International Students – PhD Graduate Stream
- Entrepreneur Stream
- Corporate Stream
Ontario PNP Processing Time 2019
|OINP Stream||OINP is processing applications submitted and paid for between the following dates:||Estimated processing time|
|Express Entry – French Speaking Skilled Worker||March 16, 2018 and August 14, 2018 inclusive||60 to 90 days*|
|Express Entry – Human Capital Priorities||March 26, 2018 and August 15, 2018 inclusive||90 to 120 days*|
|Express Entry – Skilled Trades||January 19, 2018 and August 14, 2018 inclusive||30 to 60 days*|
|International Masters Graduate||April 13, 2018 and July 29, 2018 inclusive||60 to 90 days*|
|International PhD Graduate||April 18, 2018 and August 14, 2018 inclusive||60 to 90 days|
|Employer Job Offer – Foreign Worker and International Student||January 30, 2018 and August 15, 2018 inclusive||60 to 90 days*|
|Entrepreneur||Applications are assessed on a case by case basis||Dependent upon the complexity of the application|
|Corporate||Applications are assessed on a case by case basis||Dependent upon the complexity of the application|
|OINP Processing Times By Stream (Data as of August , 2018)|
OINP and the Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System
As stated earlier, the OINP is aligned with the national Express Entry program and derives most of its eligibility criterion from the same. The most important criteria is of having a job offer or barring that, having skills and experience in a field that is listed as high demand in Ontario. For this purpose, the OINP makes use of the National Occupational Classification (NOC)system to ascertain that the right skills are admitted into Ontario through the various streams of the OINP.
Candidate profiles are ranked according to their set of skills and abilities as per the Comprehensive Ranking System. This allows Ontario authorities to derive the best amongst the national Express Entry program and secure them for immigration into Ontario. A minimum score is established in order to become eligible for nomination and this serves as a benchmark for entry into Ontario. As of May 2018, which saw invitations issued to 2,601 candidates, the minimum eligibility CRS score is 400 points.
Is Having a Job Offer Mandatory to Apply to OINP?
No. It is not necessary to have a job offer in hand when applying for immigration to Ontario, Canada. However it provides your application a significant advantage to your application if you have one. In the event that you don’t have a job offer, it is possible to find gainful employment through the national Express Entry job pool which places immigrants according to the national requirements of skilled workers based on their respective skills and abilities.
If you are still not able to find work through the Express Entry job pool then you can find out the specific jobs in-demand at present in Ontario. If your particular occupational skill is in demand then you application will be given a higher priority amongst others by the OINP authorities.
OINP Human Capital Priorities Stream 2019
The OINP’s Human Capital Priorities Stream is arguably the most popular of all the streams. Though it offers a limited number of seats, the selection criteria is highly customized and wired to select only the most skilled applicants from within the Express Entry program.
Following the pattern of the IRCC, the OINP lists immigrants according to their skill and in-demand occupation list as per the NOC. Selected candidates are invited to apply for PR visa either through Express Entry or though OINP.
Despite the fact that the HCP stream has a more relaxed criteria than the general requirements, it is strict on other aspects like skilled work experience, educational qualification etc. So it is important to know which factors you need to focus on in order to best highlight your application:
- Candidates must score at least 400 points on CRS. If you score more on CRS then there will be higher chance to get nominated.
- Candidates must have sufficient work experience in the relevant job occupation.
- Candidates’ occupation must be on a NOC level 0, A, or B within five years prior to the date of the NOI from OINP.
- Candidates should have a valid Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree, PhD Degree or any equivalent certificate. It is also required to have an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report prepared by experts who can judge whether the given education credentials match with the Canadian Education system or not.
- Candidates must obtain a CLB 7 in language proficiency in its all four category (listening, speaking, reading, and writing).
- Candidates should meet with the required criteria under either FSWP or CEC.
OINP Points Calculator 2019
While qualifying for the minimum requirements for nomination of the OINP make you eligible for selection, it does not mean that you will get selected. As there are only a limited number of seats across the various streams offered
by the OINP, there is stiff competition between the profiles of different candidates. In order to determine the most deserving, the OINP assigns points to each profile and when the invitations are opened the highest ranked profiles are selected for notification of interest. The following is an overview of the points calculator system:
- Education (maximum 25 points)
- English and French language ability (maximum 28 points)
- Work Experience (maximum 15 points)
- Age (maximum 12 points)
- Arranged Employment (maximum 10 points)
- Adaptability (maximum 10 points)
Ontario PNP IELTS Requirements
Both English and French are spoken widely in Ontario and therefore it would be a benefit to know both these languages. If you are applying to OINP from skill categories NOC C and/or D, then you must undergo a language examination. The minimum passing grade required for these categories is a CLB 4 in each of the 4 segments of the IELTS exam. For applicants through the Federal Skilled Worker program the passing grade is CLB 7 and applicants will get additional points for higher scores. It is also possible to score more points by showing adeptness in French and scoring above a CLB 5.
How to Optimize Your Profile
Since there are only a limited number of seats available with the OINP, applicants need to optimize their profile so that their likelihood of selection is maximized. Candidates both with a job offer and without should adhere to the following steps in order to make the most of the offered steams and the eligibility requirements:
- The first step is to determine which of the multiple streams you should apply through. If you are a skilled worker then the general application category suits you best. If your occupation is in high demand in Ontario, then the HCP stream suits you best. If you are a graduate/post-graduate student with a job offer or a relevant degree then the international student streams are best for you. For business and corporate employees the best streams are the business category.
- Following this, the next step is to make sure you fulfil all the required criteria. Since there are multiple requirements which are subject to change without any prior notification, it is best to take the help of experts when completing your profile. This will ensure not only that the profile is complete but also that it is presented in the best manner possible.
- After you have submitted your profile along with relevant documents, the OINP will assess your application and issue a NOI when seats are opened. If selected you can apply for a PR visa to move to Ontario.
There has been changes that are introduced in the latest Ontario Immigration Nominee Program (OINP) in September 2018 and as per the latest rule the minimum Comprehensive Ranking System(CRS) score requirement which was 400 points earlier has been reduced to “be determined by the director”.
But prior to this introduction of the latest rule the low score implementation had already been started with 9th August, 2018, Ontario Express Entry linked Draw in which the low cut off of 350 Comprehensive Ranking System(CRS) points was required for the Ontario’s Human Core Capital Priorities(HCP) stream and this draw saw a total of 947 applications were issued to the Express Entry candidates. This draw considered all the applications that were submitted in the Express Entry profile between 1st January 2018 and August 9th, 2018
Then again on 24th August, 2018, Ontario province has issued invitations through the French Speaking Skilled Workers Stream and also the entrepreneur stream. Through both these streams there were large number of candidates who were invited, 15 Notifications of Interest (NOIs) issued in the French Speaking Skilled Workers Stream and 31 Notifications of Interest (NOIs) issued in Entrepreneur stream.
Now, for the province of Ontario, the total number of applications issued under the French Speaking Skilled Workers Stream in 2018 has come down to 977 and the total number of applications issued Notification of interest(NOI) in the Express Entry Linked HCP stream of Ontario in 2018 is 3,534.
How We Help to Get PR in Ontario Canada?
Talent Global Visa Services has helped countless number of applicants launch their immigration dreams successfully by providing sound immigration consultancy to clients. We offer expert immigration advice and assistance at unparalleled prices. Make sure your immigration application gets the attention it deserves by taking our help and ensuring you put the best foot forward. Contact us today.