The Newfoundland and Labrador Provincial Nominee Program (NLPNP) is a program initiated for those candidates who are interested in getting permanent residency in Canada. This program includes the following categories of applicants who can apply for the program:
- The skilled worker category
- The immigrant entrepreneur category
- The international graduate category
Category 1: Newfoundland Skilled Worker Immigration
This category includes those candidates who either have an approved job offer from a Newfoundland and Labrador employer or presently have an employment and are working in the province on a genuine work allowance.
To be eligible for applying under this category, the applicant must possess the following requirements:
- He should have a full-time employment offer from a Newfoundland and Labrador employer;
- He should be a qualified individual having the required skills, training and authorization for the job.
- The candidate must be able to prove his interest, drift and ability to settle forever in the province.
- He should possess enough funds and financial resources required to settle himself as well as his family members.
- He should hold enough knowledge about two mandatory languages, i.e., French and English. The minimum requirement for being aware of these languages depends on upon the needs of his employment opportunities. These languages are necessary to perform their employment duties as well.
- The candidate should have the ability to set a benchmark for his capability to perform the duties in his job.
Category 2: Newfoundland International Graduate Immigration
This category also includes an application from the graduates as well as post graduates. They must possess a job offer from a Canadian employer. The candidates can apply for immigration under this category only by fulfilling the following requirements:
- The candidate should have completed at least half of his education in Canada along with a graduate degree from a recognized Canadian college or a university.
- If the candidate has a two-year diploma or a degree program, he can apply on a condition that had a full-time work opportunity along with his studies for advancement.
- The candidate should have an employment opening based on his field of study or from a related field. This job is necessarily required to be offered by a Newfoundland and Labrador employer.
- The applicant is required to apply for the program within 2 years from the date he received his degree of a diploma.
- He should have a legal permit to work in Canada. This means the candidate should pose a Citizenship and Immigration Canada Post Graduate Work Permit.
- The candidate should have the required qualifications, eligibility, skills, training and credentials required for the job;
- He should also be able to prove his interest in settling permanently to Newfoundland and Labrador
- Along with the candidate’s interest, he should also prove his ability to settle to the province.
- He should have enough funds to settle to the province along with all the financial resources. He should be able to demonstrate his ability to settle himself as well as his dependents.
- The candidate should have enough knowledge of the two languages- French and English. It is vital to ensure that the applicant has enough knowledge of these languages to carry his work smoothly.
Category 3: Newfoundland Immigrant Entrepreneur Immigration
This is a category of interested candidates who desire to start a business firm or carry an existing business in Newfoundland and Labrador. The applicants can apply who fulfill the requirements and are eligible for immigration through this program can apply for their successful immigration.