New Zealand has a stable economy, years of democratic rule and a scenic beauty for artistic pleasure. It is a very good country to live in and is the third safest country for habitation in the world with the 7th rank in the world on the Human Development Index(HDI). It also has enormous career opportunities as well thus it provides a perfect balance of living a luxurious life and a professionally fulfilling life as well.
What are the visas categories that are offered by New Zealand?
New Zealand offers many visa opportunities for study, work, business, living, investment etc. and every program will have their own sub categories for application as well.
Some of the categories for Immigration to New Zealand are –
- Refugee category
- Family category
- Parent retirement category
- Skilled Migrant category
- Dependent child
- Work to Residence Category
- Residence from home category
- Partner category
- Brother, sister and adult child
Further if you are looking for a work permit in New Zealand then there are three categories out of the above mentioned for application under the work permit category and they are –
- Skilled Migrant
- Work to resident
- Residence from work
All these three categories are for permanent working in New Zealand. The temporary working in New Zealand categories are listed below:
- Essential Skills
- Specific purpose or event
- Students and trainees
- Study to work
- Work exchange schemes
- Special arrangements
- China Special work category
- Silver Fer visa
- Relocating with employer
Apart from these there are also visas for the Business in which the two following categories have further sub-categories:
- Investor plus categories
- Temporary retirement category
- Long-term Business visa category
- Entrepreneur Plus categories
What is the eligibility criteria under the skilled migrant category?
When you are young and planning to immigrate to New Zealand then it is possible that you would like to immigrate under the skilled migrant category as a professional worker. For this some of the basic areas of eligibility are listed below:
- The candidate should be under 56 years of age
- The primary candidate and all the family members immigrating with the candidate should meet the minimum English language proficiency requirement.
- The minimum score 100 points in the point system evaluation should be attained.
- You, your spouse and if you have a child under 17 years of age then a full health declaration is required in the expression of interest to ensure that all the immigrants are meeting the minimum health standards.
- New Zealand government will definitely check that the immigrant does not pose any potential security threat and risk and there is no criminal record against him and is not involved in any dangerous activity of any accord.
Please remember that the eligibility criteria for every category is different and they need to duly meet for the candidate to be eligible to immigrate to New Zealand. The above mentioned details are for the skilled immigrant category and they are not the requirement for the other program. Every program has its own eligibility criteria for immigration to New Zealand.