How to Apply for PR in Canada from India?
If you are planning to apply for Canada PR from India then you have made a considerable smart choice in terms of emancipation in both personal and professional sphere. The best way to migrate to Canada is through a Permanent residency (PR) Status which is allocated for a period of five years and there are two popular ways of attaining the PR status – Express Entry program and Provincial Nominee Program (PNP):
The Express Entry program – Under this model, which was introduced in January 2015, the aspiring candidate can attain a Permanent Residency (PR) status online by meeting the eligibility criteria set by the IRCC through the Express Entry Draws in which the points are calculated on the basis of Age, Education, Work Experience and Language Proficiency. It is a federal qualifying system in which the candidate has the right to settle anywhere in Canada. To confirm your Eligibility for Canada Permanent Resident Visa or want to work in Canada and how many funds required, you can fill a short free enquiry form and Get a free advice from our experts Now!
Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) – In this the PR status is acquired by the aspiring candidate through the eligibility criteria being met for each province. The qualifying criterion for every province is different and the PR status for that province is received for which the eligibility is sought. To know about the eligibility criterion of every province you can either talk to your immigration counsellor or visit the province website for complete information.
Canada PR Visa Changes in 2019
As a Candidate, who wants to “apply for Canada Permanent Resident V
isa“, it is important that you keep yourself updated with the latest rules and regulation with respect to migrating to Canada. It will help you avail the best facilities for yourself and also help you avoid the rejection of the application. Some of the latest rules of 2019 are:
- The age of the Dependent child has been increased to under 22 from under 19.
- The rule of Conditional Permanent Residency which allowed the sponsored spouse or partner to stay with the partner for minimum two years has been removed.
- Huge importance has been laid on French language – as the candidates who can speak French will be allotted additional 30 Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points under the Express Entry program.
Canada PR Visa New Rules 2019
The rules and the guidelines are different for the Express Entry Program and Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) and within the PNP, there is different evaluation and rule book for every province with details on “how to apply for PR in Canada”. Thus, for a valid entry to Canada with the PR status it is highly important that rules are stringently followed. Also, with around 60 programs offered by the IRCC (Immigration refugees and citizenship Canada) the programs are highly organised and systematic. Some of the general rules in all the programs include:
- Testing of the Language Proficiency – The perusal of IELTS examination is highly integral to establish your English Language proficiency and in it a score of 6 band is highly integral to qualify as a valid candidate for the PR status through Express Entry and PNP but there is also a flexibility as Nova Scotia selects the candidate with a band of 4.5 as well.
- Educational Qualification Testing – The qualification degrees of the candidate should be at par with the Canadian board and they should be the valid degrees from a recognised university and the feasibility of those degrees should be tested by WES or any other authorised regulatory body.
- Health and Character test – No matter which program you are coming through. It is very important you have medical and police verification before you enter in Canada.
- Proof of Funds – A proof of funds is very important as it will establish that you will be able to take care of your family and yourself after you have migrated to Canada.
Note: The Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) offers about 60 immigration programs with each program gathering to a different kind of immigrant. Therefore it becomes paramount to know which program will suit you the best and more importantly which program will get you a Permanent Resident visa in the quickest manner. But before that, you need to know all the particulars pertaining to a “Canadian PR visa from India” starting with what are PR visas and why getting one is a good idea if you are planning to live and work in Canada.
Apply for Canada PR under Express Entry Program – Fastest Way to Get Canada PR Visa
CANADA PERMANENT RESIDENT VISA IMPORTANT NOTES:
- What is Canadian Permanent Resident Visa Card?
- Canada Permanent Resident Visa Documents Checklist 2019
- Benefits of Having a PR Card
- What is Canada PR points System?
- Canada PR Visa Occupation list 2019
- Canada Permanent Resident Visa Step by Step Process
- Canada PR Visa Processing Time
- How to Apply for Canada PR Visa?
- Different Pathways to Get Permanent Resident Visa in Canada
- How to apply for Canada Permanent Resident Visa from India?
What is Canadian Permanent Resident Visa Card?
Canada is the land of growth and opportunities for most people and to make the dream of migrating to Canada come true you need to first “apply for Canada Permanent Residency Visa”. The Permanent Residency (PR) status is like an identification for all the people who are non- Canadian that they are allowed to reside in Canada. Thus it could be understood as a sort of Canadian passport and they are issued by the Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). It was first proposed in the year 2001 but were distributed in the year 2002 for the first time.
A PR card holder is able to enjoy all the benefits enjoyed by a regular citizen on the country with some restrictions. You will need to show your PR card many times while living and working in Canada. It is one of the most important proofs of legal residence that you need to have. A permanent resident card is valid for up to five years after which you should either apply for full citizenship or seek to have your PR status renewed.
Canada Permanent Resident Visa Documents Checklist 2019
As a skilled worker if you are planning to migrate with a PR status in Canada then you should have all your documents ready to be presented to the Canadian embassy. You can start the process by creating an online account for the Express Entry Program by two steps –
- File in your IELTS score
- Get an ECA (Educational Credential Assessment) from WES or any other relevant authorised body.
The list of documents that you might need at the “processing time if you apply for Canada PR from India” and the list is as follows:
- Language tests showing proficiency in English or French or Both.
- Documents showing nomination for immigration by a Province.
- A legitimate printed job offers from Registered Organization.
- Documents showing applicant has enough funds to support themselves and their family for a period no less than three months.
- Authenticated passports
- Documents showing that the applicant and all family members coming to Canada with them have undergone medical exams by registered and appropriately designated physicians.
- Documents showing applicants and dependents have undergone police background checks and been issued clearance certificates for the same.
These are some of the main documents that would be required. Any other document requirement will be based on the individualised candidature of the candidate.
Benefits of Having a PR Card
The IRCC (Immigration and Refugees Citizenship Canada) claims that the processing of the Express Entry Program PR visas can be completed in the period of six months and if you are thinking how to apply for Canada PR then the best way to apply for PR status is as a skilled worker. Some of the benefits of the PR status are:
- Health Insurance
- Right to study, live and work in Canada
- Protection against crime by the law under the charter 6 of the Canadian Law
- Right to apply for the Canadian Citizenship after a period of three years.
- Canadian Passport allows you to travel visa free in number of countries
- Allows you to sponsor your relative in Canada.
What is Canada PR points System?
Immigration viability to Canada is judged on the basis of several factors. These include age, educational qualification, work experience, language proficiency, adaptability etc. The system has been designed to sort out the best immigration applicants from the rest and allow for entry of the most qualified individuals without any biases. Applicants can get a maximum score of 100 points and need a minimum score of 67 on an average to qualify for the immigration process. The following list will tell you how many points you can score in each segment of the points system:
- Language Skills – 28 points maximum
- Education – 25 points maximum
- Experience – 15 points maximum
- Arranged Employment – 10 points maximum
- Adaptability – 10 points maximum
The PR point system is your first benchmark for determining your chances of successfully moving to Canada and starting a new life. It is advised that you try and score as highly as possible as this will also cut down on the time taken to process your application. Talk to our experts to learn more about the Canadian PR points system.
Important Factor: Canada PR Visa Occupation list 2019
Job eligibility is one of the most important factors in deciding whether a particular candidate gets selected for PR or not. Knowing your job listing in the NOC is also important to understand which stream you should apply through and which sector of the economy you should look for a job in. The following is a list of occupations as per the NOC which are in high demand at present in Canada: Skill Type 0 (zero): management jobs, such as:
- restaurant managers
- mine managers
- shore captains (fishing)
Skill Level A: professional jobs that usually call for a degree from a university, such as:
Skill Level B: technical jobs and skilled trades that usually call for a college diploma or training as an apprentice, such as:
Skill Level C: intermediate jobs that usually call for high school and/or job-specific training, such as:
- industrial butchers
- long-haul truck drivers
- food and beverage servers
Skill Level D: labour jobs that usually give on-the-job training, such as:
- fruit pickers
- cleaning staff
- oil field workers
Take expert advice from us on how to choose your occupation and augment your profile. Click here.
Canada Permanent Resident Visa Step by Step Process 2019:
The steps given below will show you how to apply for immigration to Canada through the Canada Permanent Resident Visa Process:
- Step  – Education Credential Assessment (ECA) : The purpose of the Education Credential Assessment (ECA) is to show that the applicant has the right kind of education qualification to live and work in Canada. You are going to need it to show that your education qualifications are equal to the Canadian Education system at every level. So, it is an important document and should be gotten first. The ECA is issued by the World Education Services which can be applied online.[Check ECA Processing Time]
- Step  – IELTS Language Ability Report : This is another important immigration application. The IELTS language ability report is one document through which you can not only showcase your language ability to immigration officers but also make a good impression on Canadian employers. This also gives you a healthy boost in your overall CRS score so we recommend you get as good in the language as possible. If you are having trouble with preparation for the IELTS exam, we can help you through our IELTS training sessions which are designed for helping immigration applicants get great scores with the least amount of training possible.[IELTS Score required for Canada PR]
- Step  – Submit Express Entry Application : After you have all important documents, go online and submit your online application. The most important thing, while applying for Canada Immigration is to know that there are 3 major Canada immigration streams to choose from. These are:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program
- Canadian Experienced Class
- Federal Skilled Trades Program.
We recommend you get contact our immigration experts to know which fits your application the most. Make sure all the information you are submitting is complete and can be backed up by actual formal documents. The documents must also be submitted along with your immigration application.
- Step - Get your CRS Score : The CRS score is the one and only decider of selection for Canada Immigration. Once you have created your Express Entry profile and provided the information asked for, the profile will be assigned a score based on the information you provided. Factors such as age, language ability, work experience, education etc. go into deciding how well your CRS score turns out to be. This will ultimately decide whether you qualify for immigration or not and that is why we say take up our services to know your CRS score before you apply for the real thing. By doing this, you can get to know how much you score and also improve the score to bring it up to levels where you may get selected for immigration.[What is My CRS Score?]
- Step  – Improve your CRS Score : The first application is almost always below the required levels for successful immigration and that is why people are advised to improve their score by doing some of the following things:
- Enhance your Language Score: This is one of the easiest ways to score highly in the CRS score, especially if you take up the training specially designed for IELTS. Talent Global Visa Services gives clients complete IELTS training and makes sure they get the highest points possible.
- Learn French : Having basic knowledge of French will give your application a boost. You only need to show that you can speak the language to get the extra points so don’t worry about being very good at it.
- Improve Educational Qualifications : The Master’s degree is your best bet for getting a high score in this area and getting one isn’t that hard. It also makes you a better candidate for getting a job in Canada. You can also go for a PG diploma, which will not get you as many points as the degree but will definitely improve your CRS score.
- Get more Work Experience : Ideally, having 3+ years of work experience gets you good scores in this factor. Keep working while your PR application is being processed so that you can show higher work experience than when you applied.
- Step - Apply for PNP : If you don’t get a high score in the CRS system, then Provincial Nomination Programs or PNPs is the next best option. Be sure to check out the application particulars of the province you are applying to before submitting the actual application. Better yet, get in touch with our immigration experts who can give you inside information on the province and whether it will be a good fit for you.
- Step - Wait for Express Entry Draw : After completing the application procedure, you have to wait for the Express Entry draws. If your CRS score is above the cut-off, then you will get an Invitation to Apply from the IRCC. The Express Entry draws have usually been held once every 15 days. But you can expect them to take place much sooner thanks to the new policy which invites more applicants for immigration.
- Step - Invitation to Apply or Nomination Certificate : After getting the ITA or PNP, you can apply for PR visa within 60 days and 30 days for PNP.
- Step - Documents Needed for ImmigrationYou will need the following documents to apply:
- Identity Proof
- Educational Qualification Documents
- Work Experience
- Valid Passport
- Your recent photographs
- Job offer letter from Canadian Employer (if any) & other required documents.
If you need authentic help for making your application for Canada PR visa, you should talk to our Canada immigration experts. We will be able to take care of every aspect of Canada immigration. Fill out our free assessment form to get started today!
Canada PR Visa Processing Time
The Processing time for a Canadian PR depends upon a number of factors such as nationality, type of application, stream chosen for immigration etc. There are many categories you can apply through and the processing time varies with each field. The average time taken for private citizens lies between 6 to 12 months. The following short list will tell you the other factors which influence your visa processing time:
- The simplicity of your verification process : This refers to the documentation and verification process that all visa applicants have to undergo.
- The quickness of your response for relevant documentation : You should provide the relevant authorities the right documents to validate your person and other credentials as quickly as possible. This will help cut down on the time taken to verify your identity.
- Time is taken for medical certification and police verification : These are certifications and clearances that you will need to submit once you have successfully entered Canada.For perfect and shortest clearance times, you should get all your relevant affairs in order in your native country before leaving for Canada. Let our experts tell you how to minimize our PR processing time.
How to Apply for Canada PR Visa?
Applying for Canada PR is a really simple process which involves a number of steps. The following list will tell you how to apply to Canada for a PR visa:
- Get an ECA from WES. This will help you verify your educational qualifications.
- Score well in your IELTS exams. You need a minimum score of 7 points per band to qualify for immigration.
- Choose your job category from the NOC categories –O, A and B. Thereafter you can choose to apply through the various Express Entry streams
- Create an Express Entry profile online and provide authentic information.
- Your profile will now be listed in the CRS system and ranked alongside other profiles.
- If your score is good enough to pass the grade, then you will be issued an ITA after which you will have 60 days to apply for a PR visa.
Although technically you only need to score above the minimum passing grade to receive an ITA, it is nevertheless advised that you try to score as much as possible. Since thousands upon thousands of people apply for a PR visa each year, you need to distinguish your profile from the rest so as to have a favourable chance of moving to Canada. Apply for a PR visa here.
Different Pathways to Get Permanent Resident Visa in Canada
There are over 60 ways of applying for a Canadian visa although there is only a handful which are most popular and pertinent for immigrants. These are:
Express Entry Process to get Canada PR Fast
The Express Entry Program provides skilled immigrants a quick path to Canadian PR status. A point based system designed to allow entry of only the most qualified of professionals into Canada, the Express Entry program is highly popular amongst working professionals and international students planning to reside in the country. It has four further sub-divisions:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP)
- Federal Skilled Trade Program (FSTP)
- Canadian Experienced Class (CEC)
- PNPs alignment with Express Entry
In order to apply for the Express Entry program you must not only meet the following criteria but also score highly in them to be ranked amongst the most deserving in the national immigration pool of candidates. The following is the list of factors taken in to rank your profile:
- Educational Qualification,
- Work Experience
- Language Proficiency (either in English or French)
- Legal Evidence of Sufficient Funds
The following is how you can apply for Canada PR status:
- Create a profile with the CIC
- Submit all requisite documents
- Upon approval by the CIC, they will send you an Invitation to Apply (ITA). Thereafter you can apply for the PR visa
Canada Provincial Nominee Program Process
Just as the Express Entry program is the national pathway to Canada immigration, the Provincial Nominee Program is the state pathway for the same. Most PNPs are aligned with the national Express Entry system and derive their point score system from it. Different states have different criteria for entry based on their respective needs. Nevertheless, their requirements are usually the same. The following are the minimum requirements for qualification for Provincial Nomination:
- You must be 21 years or older
- You must attain the minimum score required to make you eligible for provincial nomination
- You must be employed in a field mentioned in the National Occupational Classification (NOC)
- You must have the minimum score required for eligibility according to the CLB
- You must have the requisite work experience necessary to qualify for you professional domain
The following is a list of the PNPs in Canada. Note here that you should visit the individual page for each PNP to find out their procedure in proper detail:
- Alberta PNP program
- British Columbia PNP
- Manitoba PNP
- Saskatchewan PNP
- Nova Scotia PNP
- Prince Edward Island Nomination Program
- Ontario PNP
Canada Quebec Skilled Worker Program Process
The Quebec skilled workers program is unique in many ways among Canadian immigrant entry systems. It has been established for rapid immigration of skilled workers in Quebec. The following are its salient features:
- Firstly, it is designed explicitly for those looking to settle in Quebec.
- Secondly, the QSWP’s assessment system has its own criteria and application methodology which is used to assess an applicants’ viability for entry into the state.
- Thirdly, the QSWP is explicitly geared towards providing a steady flow of workers into Quebec and boosting its economy and therefore the economy of the nation.
- Fourthly, all applications for immigration to Quebec, Canada go to the Quebec government and are ultimately sanctioned by the same authorities.
The Quebec application process is really simple. Firstly you need to be selected via QSWP after which you will be able to apply for PR status with the Canadian government. In order to be eligible for nomination underQSWP you need to score a minimum of 50 points if you are single and 59 points of you are with spouse/family. Moreover you need to be of a profession which is in high demand in Quebec to increase your chances of being reviewed by the Quebec authorities. After you have submitted all required documents the Quebec government will take up to 41 months to verify them. Then they will give your profile a preliminary review which can take between 1 to 3 months. If you are passed through the preliminary review, you will be given a selection review which can take anywhere between 1 to 9 months to complete. Upon completion of these phases you will be recommended to apply for a Canadian PR visa.
How to apply for Canada Permanent Resident Visa from India?
If you are planning to migrate and settle in Canada, then the foremost thing that you should keep in mind is to start your immigration process by hiring a good immigration service for your representation. Since, immigration is a legal process, a good immigration service will be able to guide you about the best choices available based on your credentials and help you undertake the process in a seamless manner.
Talent Global Visa Services has been in the industry for over 11 years and we have an experience of processing more than 10,000 successful applications. We provide Pre –assessment of your candidature which is free of cost through which the candidate can test his eligibility for Permanent Residency(PR) status in Canada. We also help you increase your Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points through IELTS guidance provided to the candidates. For more information, you can fill our Free Assessment form Now.
We can also help applicants look for a job in Canada. So, if you are looking for the right kind of guidance to help you apply for your Canadian Permanent Residence visa, then all you need to do is get in touch with us and we will make sure your immigration process becomes a breeze. Contact us today!
When someone is planning on getting a Permanent Residency(PR) status of Canada then one of the foremost things that the candidate should research is the monetary expense that is involved in the immigration to Canada process. The Permanent Residency(PR)status of Canada through the Express Entry program has many expenditures involved from immigration proceedings to the landing cost and settlement cost in Canada and when the candidate is immigrating to Canada then he/she should evaluate these expenditures carefully.
As an Express Entry Candidate looking for the Permanent Residency(PR) status of Canada some of the basic expenditures should be kept in mind are –
- Language proficiency – IELTS (International English language Testing System) Examination = Rs. 12,650 /- Approx
- Transcripts and documents from the university = Rs. 1000 /-
- Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) = $ 285 (CAD) Approx
- Creating an Express Entry Profile = NIL
- Medical results and Police verification = Rs. 6000 /-
- Apply for Permanent Residency (PR) Status on CIC website = 1040 $CAD or Rs. 53,000 /-
- Primary Candidate fee – 550$ (CAD)
- Secondary Candidate fee – 550$ (CAD)
- Child fee (under 22 years of age) – 150$ (CAD)
The above calculation is as per the Federal Skilled Workers Program(FSWP) category and the calculation can change as per the requirements of the program and also the individual’s candidature as well.
Further, apart from the above expenditure there is also proof of funds and settlement fund that is required from the candidates to prove he/she will be able to take care of himself and also his family after immediate immigration to Canada.